Act 1 Scene 1 - Entry 1

 



Juliet’s Diary – Entry 1

Dear Diary,

Today I heard of a fight breaking down between Gregory and a Montague, I believe his name was Sampson so that makes him a rival of the Capulet family. Those two are always looking for trouble! Then, I heard that Tybalt and Benvolio came and saw what was happening. Tybalt came before the prince did, but he didn’t want to split them up… instead he wanted to fight as well! If it weren’t for Prince Escalus there would’ve been a huge problem. Who knows what might’ve happened when they were both armed with swords and shields.

I would ask my father and mother if they went in and split them up, but I know my father wouldn’t go into all detail. I know for sure if I asked my mother, she wouldn’t tell me either because all she ever thinks about is marriage and the nurse as well so I wouldn’t try to ask anyone. I’ll just stay wondering about what happened.

Juliet

 

Romeo’s Diary – Entry 1

Dear Diary,

I am heartbroken! Why must Rosaline not feel the same way I feel about her? She has promised to never marry but she is such a wonderful woman, and it will be very hard to forget everything about her. Benvolio is telling me to forget her and to look at other girls but how can I do such thing?! I don’t think I will ever forget her. I’m so in love with her and I will never look at another girl the way I look at her. I’m so in love with this woman and no one can compare to her.

I also heard about a fight that went down from Benvolio. I’m too heartbroken to even remember the details or to know if he even told me about what went down but now, I’m curious about what might’ve happened. But enough of that. Why doesn’t Rosaline love me? I could never compare her to another girl she is perfect. How does Benvolio plan on making her forget her? Impossible.

Romeo

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Act 3 Scene 5 - Entry 6

Act 2 Scene 2 - Entry 3

Act 1 Scene 5 - Entry 2