Act 1 Scene 5 - Entry 2


Juliet’s Diary – Entry 2

Dear Diary,

Today was the party! I was wearing a beautiful costume. Before this party I heard Paris and my father talking about him wanting to marry me, but he said that he has to try to win my over. Why just not say no? I do not wish to marry him. Besides, I met a very handsome guy at the party, and I am so in love with him. We talked for only a few seconds, but I already know he’s the man I want to spend the rest of my life with. He kissed me twice as well.

I asked nurse to go and ask for his name. But I just found out he is a Montague from nurse. I’m in love with a Montague? My rival? How could this be?! I hope nurse didn’t hear what I said. But I want him to be the one I marry. If it’s not him then I rather spend the rest of my life alone and die that way.

Juliet

 

Romeo’s Diary – Entry 2

Dear Diary,  

Benvolio and Mercutio convinced me to go to that party. I honestly didn’t want to go because I was still not over the fact I got rejected by Rosaline. They thought maybe if I went to the party, I could find better, but I don’t think so. I will not dance with anyone I will just be on my own. I dressed up and wore a mask. This is going to be risky for sure. I hope I don’t get caught since I’m from the Montague family…. that will get me in so much trouble.

I went to the party, and I don’t regret it one bit. I saw a very gorgeous girl that caught my attention like no other. No one can compare to her beauty. Most beautiful girl in this world. I went over to her and asked to dance and talked with her for a bit. She was a very respectful girl and I kissed her twice. I am so in love with her. But then before leaving I asked the lady there who she was and she was the only daughter of Capulet. I’m in love with my rival?! How could I be in love with a Capulet? I’m still in love with her though.

Romeo

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Act 3 Scene 5 - Entry 6

Act 2 Scene 2 - Entry 3